We Have In-Person and Online Studies!
What Do I Need to Know?
- Study Locations: We have studies for infants and children, both in-person and online. Our online studies can be done from the comfort of your home, through Harvard’s secure Zoom platform. Our in-person studies are run in our labs located on Harvard’s campus.
- Age Eligibility: Studies are available for infants and children from 3 months to 14 years of age.
- Study Length and Formats: Most studies involve a single 10-30 minute session. Infants typically watch short videos while sitting with a parent. Toddlers and children typically play games with a friendly lab member.
- Parent Role: Parents are welcome to observe all studies. For some studies, we might need your help holding your child or presenting toys or other objects to your child.
- Research Topics: Our research explores infants’ and children’s developing understanding of physical objects, number and geometry, language development, their own actions and the actions of other people, and social interactions and relationships!
- Compensation: For online studies, we will send you an electronic $5 gift card and a participation certificate. For in-person studies, your child will receive a toy of their choice and we will provide you with at least $10 compensation (based on the duration of the study).
Have more questions? Please check out our FAQ section or contact us!